Five percent (5%) of National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) funds on a 90:10 Central:State Share basis is used for different Support Activities to provide software support to water and sanitation activities of the state. This includes R&D activities, GIS mapping, MIS and computerization, various IEC and HRD activities etc. under the Water & Sanitation Support Organisation (WSSO) setup.
The Support Fund is thus utilised for -
- Support for Consultants at WSSO, DWSM level and Laboratory staff.
- Setting up and support to Block Resource Centres.
- Providing support for awareness generation ( IEC) and capacity building/training activities (HRD).
- Providing hardware and software support for MIS at the district and sub divisional level to bring in more accountability, effective monitoring and transparency in delivery of services.
- Research and Development activities relevant to the State.
- Engaging State Technical Agency for preparation of projects, technical scrutiny and evaluation of rural water supply schemes.
- Support for successfully deploying the Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) and such other activities.